Jo Lynn Burke, who was the school’s previous principal from 2015-18, will be resuming her position now that her family is moving back to Northwest Arkansas! Her teaching career includes being an elementary teacher for 15 years and a preschool owner and director for five years. Jo Lynn is excited about returning to First Baptist Christian School and will begin working as principal in June 2019. The school board, staff and families appreciate the service of Catherin Blankenship as Interim Principal this year. Mrs. Burke will be attending the school Fundraiser/Picnic on April 25 and looks forward to meeting new and current FBCS families.
“I am passionate about training up children to love Christ and become godly leaders who will make a difference for Christ. I believe that education begins with the shaping and molding of the child’s heart so that the shaping of the mind will understand that all things were created for our Maker’s purpose. I believe that leading educators in this endeavor is both a privilege and honor as well as my ministry and all for the glory of the Lord.”
WHAT IS HAPPENING NEXT
PARENTS, MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- March 11-15 – Elementary/Middle School parent/teacher conferences
- March 11-14 – Spring Book Fair
- March 18-25 – Spring break
- April 17 – Easter Chapel Program, 8:30 a.m.
- April 19 – Good Friday / AMI Make-up day for snow
- April 25 – Spring Picnic/Silent Auction Fundraiser, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m.
- April 26 – 3rd Grade Community Meal service project
- May 8 – Preschool Awards and Music Chapel Program. 8:30 a.m.
- May 16 – Middle School Spring Musical, 2 p.m.
- May 23 – Kindergarten Graduation and K4/Bridge Recognition, 6 p.m.
- May 27 – No School, Memorial Day
- May 28 – 1st-7th Grade Awards Program, 6 p.m.
- May 29 – Field Day, last day of school
*Registration for 2019-20 school year will begin in February, and online registration will be available. The 8th grade will be added to our middle school in 2019.
People who are interested can call 479-878-1052 to set up a time to tour our school. Preschool tours are available on Thursday mornings and Elementary and Middle School tours are available on Fridays.