Shining Stars PRESCHOOL PROGRAMS
Careful consideration is given to providing age-appropriate programs. We adhere by birthday deadlines to provide instruction that meets the developmental needs of our students. In addition, each class: 3’s, 4’s and Bridge is created to follow in succession to best prepare the child developmentally, emotionally, socially, and physically for the kindergarten year.
- Students desiring to enter PreK- 3 or PreK- 4 must have had that birthday by 9/1.
- Students desiring to enter our Bridge Class must be 5 by 9/1 and must have completed PreK- 4.
- Every PreK-4 student from the Shining Stars Preschool is an automatic candidate for either Kindergarten, or a candidate for the Bridge program if not kindergarten ready.
- All preschool students must have a current immunization record; for each child-this must be updated as immunizations are administered, as well as at the beginning of each school year. In the event a family is unable to immunize their child for medical reasons, a current, original physician’s note must be supplied prior to the first day of school.
- Exceptions to immunizations are permitted with an authorized immunization exception letter from the state.
- Preschool students, ages 3, 4, and Bridge are expected to be potty-trained. Students must be independent to take care of their personal toiletry needs.
Three-year-old classes attend morning classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:00 – 11:15 a.m.
Four-year-old classes attend morning classes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Bridge classes attend mornings on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Three Year Old Program
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
Designed with a ratio of 12 children to 1 teacher, this class focuses on the development of motor and social skills. Some of the areas taught include: family, self, seasons, and community. Bible verses, stories, and songs are a part of each session. Music and chapel are also a part of pupil training. It is a requirement that children entering this class are potty trained before school starts.
Four Year Old Program
Monday through Thursday
Designed with a ratio of 14 children to 1 teacher. This class focuses on motor and social skills, visual and auditory development, and readiness development for language and math. Bible concepts include stories, songs, and verses. ABeka phonics reading program is implemented to prepare students with pre-reading skills that equip them for reading success in kindergarten and first grade. Chapel and music classes are attended weekly. Additional areas taught include: pets, health, and manners. Enrichment activities are planned to enhance unit topics. Curriculum exceeds state standards for four-year-old children.
Monday through Friday
Designed with a ratio of 14 children to 1 teacher, this class is for children who turn 5 by September 1st. Any 4-year-old who misses the kindergarten start date, or a 5-year-old who needs an extra year of readiness is a candidate for Bridge. Skills that are taught include: math, colors and shapes, science, and reading readiness. Activities help with motor and social skills, visual and auditory development, and writing. Bible concepts including stories, songs, and verses are taught. Enrichment activities are planned to enhance unit topics. Chapel and music classes are attended weekly.